My name is Laura Husband and I am from Houston, Texas. You can email me at lhusband@trinity.edu. I am a Spanish major, Religion minor, and I also have a concentration in Music. My interests include piano, keyboard, singing, learning guitar, listening to music, going to concerts, cooking, being outside, reading/studying the Bible, going to church, roller skating, soccer, sand volleyball, meeting new people, picnics, travelling, learning other languages, room decorating, shopping, reading, going on adventures, Compassion International, public speaking, writing, and spending time with God, my family, and my friends. My campus activities this semester include co-leading an upperclassmen Bible study exploring who Jesus is based upon the Gospel of Matthew, being an active member of the leadership team for Intervarsity Christian Fellowship (IVCF), singing on the IVCF worship team, singing in the Trinity University Chorus Choir, and Country/Western Dancing.
You may be wondering why I am involved in so many "Christian" activities, well, I suppose these things are more than activities to me...the best way to describe it is that Jesus Christ completely changed my life. This leads to my scavenger hunt answer of why I visited a president in the Oval Office twice. It's too long of a story to tell over an impersonal blog, but ask me anytime and I'll be happy to tell you. :)
My technology background is average. I learned how to do C++ programming in high school as well as how to use Microsoft Word, Photshop, and the basic skills of Microsoft Excel. I would like to know more about Excel and Office as well as other helpful programs like html code (which I am not familiar with). I also would like to know how to locate files and information more efficiently and to be more familiar with the computer in general.
You visited a president in the Oval Office twice? That is really awesome. I haven't even visited the Oval Office, much less met a president!
ReplyDeleteLaura! I went to the bible study your invovled with yesterday and it was so good! Thanks for being such a great leader!
ReplyDeleteI'm thinking about being a Spanish major too!
ReplyDeleteHey Laura! I think it's awesome that you are so heavily involved in Christian activities and serving Christ here at Trinity!
ReplyDeleteAfter learning C++, HTML is going to be a piece of cake for you.
ReplyDelete